Today’s stakeholders expect corporations to provide leadership on environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles and make a positive impact. At American Water, we know that “how” a company operates is just as important as “what” a company does. We are a leader in integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles into our business.
Our corporate responsibilities includes:
- placing customers at the center of everything we do and every decision we make.
- promote conservation throughout our value chain, minimize water leakage throughout our infrastructure and utilize water reuse strategies in areas of limited supply.
- embedding safety measures in all areas of our business so that our employees return home in the same, or better, condition as they were when they came to work. Our commitment to safety extends to our customers and the communities we serve.
- assessing risks from climate variability and developing appropriate mitigation and adaptation strategies.
- supporting the professional and personal growth of our people
- optimizing our systems, services, and solutions for the long term
- ensuring that the communities we serve are better because we are there
We publish a comprehensive, biennial Sustainability Report outlining our environmental, social and governance (ESG) efforts and results.